Marketing and Communications Internship
This is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain skills and experience in communications, journalism, marketing and social media, particularly for those looking to pursue careers in academic centres or interested in the field of Hindu Studies.
The intern will be involved in a number of communications and marketing related projects including but not limited to:
- Developing original content such as press releases, features and op-eds on relevant topics, current activities and events for the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
- Engaging in social media embassies to engage with current stakeholders and increase outreach
- Editing content on the website
- Creating video/audio content for promotional use
- Assisting in editing course materials such as textbooks, online courses etc
- Creating marketing materials for fund raising and promotional use (flyers, brochures etc)
- Contributing to the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies’ communications strategy and coordination
The successful applicant will have access to almost all relevant meetings and conferences within Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies on a variety of related topics, free access to all lectures and seminars at the centre, and free use of the Library.
The position requires an individual with excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, ability to think creatively and work independently. Time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to synthesize details from multiple sources. Prior experience in communications and marketing is desired but not necessary for this internship.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest and availability and resume/CV, and to Lal Krishna at email@example.com with Marketing and Communications Internship (your name) in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
You do not need prior experience in communications or marketing for this internship.
The Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies is currently accepting applications for an Administrative intern. Exact starting and ending dates are flexible, as are the hours and days per week. Please note thatall internships are unpaid.
This is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain skills and experience in the organization and management of an academic centre, particularly for those in the field of Hindu Studies and are looking for exposure in an academic environment and a world-class teaching facility.
The intern will be involved in a number of projects that affect the organization, including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping, Profit/loss analysis
- Receptionist and liaising with students, scholars and faculty on the day to day activities at the centre
- Creation of business plans
- Administration on online course offerings
- Organizing and filing archives
- Scheduling itinerates for visiting scholars, and members of faculty
- Third-party reimbursement management
The position requires a motivated individual with an interest in exploring opportunities in the field of Hindu Studies. The internship program usually appeals to individuals with a proven ability to work independently and follow projects through to completion.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest and availability and resume/CV, and short to Judith Bajusz at firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing and Communications Internship (your name) in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.